About Bristol Faith In Action
Bristol Faith in Action Interfaith and Referral Center is a cooperative outreach ministry of the churches of Bristol and the local community, formed to serve any persons whose circumstances leave them with significant physical, social, emotional, or spiritual needs.
The mission of this organization is:
• To provide a witness of Christian unity in service and a sign of God’s love in and for our community; and
• To recognize and serve the needy of our community as Christ invites us to do.
We do this by:
• Offering material assistance (including help with food, housing, travel and medical needs), maximizing resources and providing spiritual support to those in need;
• Coordinating efforts of churches, social service agencies and helping ministries, making appropriate referrals as needed, so as not to duplicate existing resources;
• Enhancing their ministries of outreach and caring by inviting volunteers to serve their neighbors in need and by using the support of participating congregations and agencies; and
• Welcoming each client in the hospitality of Christ’s Spirit and preserving the dignity of all who receive assistance.
Bristol Faith in Action
Churches in Community Ministry
An Interfaith Resource and Referral Service
703 Chester Street, Bristol, Virginia 24201
Fax (276) 466-9503
An agency of